American Broadsheet Ballad

Lay Down your weary song Lay Down the thoughts you wrung

My Photo
Name:
Location: Asheville, NC

They Don't Call Me Anything But A Good Guy.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

To Blog About

Fall into the arms of a woman who cares
Look in her eyes and tell her what you see there
She'll love you forever.

The good Lord never said to prey upon the weak
He said give 'em the news and be there when they weep
They'll love you forever.

Anyhow, it's not anything to blog about.

Another lonely white boy in a black man's world
Where the Goddess is dark and the sun plays well upon her
She'll haunt you forever.

Ain't it a shame, Ain't it shame
You tell it on the mountain, but there's nobody listening
They'll haunt you forever.

Anyhow, it's not anything to blog about.

A lot upon the ashes, A lot upon the leaves
I'm dreamin' I'm the captain and I'm sippin' on my favorite drink.
I'll be here forever.

So take me by the hand and walk me along
Keep me on the edge of your tongue when I'm gone.
And I'll be here forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home