American Broadsheet Ballad

Lay Down your weary song Lay Down the thoughts you wrung

My Photo
Name:
Location: Asheville, NC

They Don't Call Me Anything But A Good Guy.

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Italian Nights

I am dreamin of a foreign land
Through these streets that should be buried
I'm thinkin of another woman's man
When I cry
The first tears of summer
Time slows down

There are no tears in my holiday
I drink the night while I can
I grab me a piece of land for an hour or two
And I think of you
And the same moon
That I can't find

Have you ever been lonely?

Well the old men around here they stay up real late
They're tryin to change the rules to everything
Their great debate holds social and political weight

They're never lonely

Here they are again, they're in this together
And everything they say is gonna matter to them
They're never lonely
They'll never be alone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home